Saturday, September 29, 2007

Some Instant Gratification


This week I needed a project that was quick, pretty and used up some of my stash (I'm trying really, really, really hard not to buy more yarn).
This pattern was great, easy and fit into my instant gratification criteria. But I think if I ever knit it again (at least for me), I'd make the main section a little bit longer (I have long hands and fingers).
Fetching, from Knitty.com
Yarn: Wool-Ease in dark brown.
Needles: #7 dpn.




I know this picture (with the scary pink fingers) is weird, but I like to layer the fingerless mitts over those stretch gloves (one sized fits all/most), usually those gloves are too short, and I like to keep my wrists warm, so I think these will work over a variety of the colors I have (I like to match the gloves with my hats when I walk the kids to school). And, before you ask, yes it does get cold enough where I live in the desert to wear a wool cap, gloves and sometimes a heavy jacket when I walk the Kiddos to school. Not yet though it's getting there...

6 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Those came out great - you picked a nice color. I think this is the final push I needed to convince me to do this pattern....

Carrie said...

Oh, no, you just reminded me I bought yarn for these last winter, but never made them! I love the idea of layering with those thin stretchy gloves. Very fashion-forward--pink & brown are all the rage!

Carrie said...

p.s. Now that the M's are officially out of playoff contention, I'm rooting for the Cubs. And the Red Sox. Hopefully, only one will make it to the Series, so I won't have to choose!

Kathleen Colligan said...

Nice gloves! Oh- I would love to make these . Quick projects that will be used are my thing.I made several pairs last winter as gifts using "Wendy Knits" ..hmmmm maybe after all my other projects get done............

Anonymous said...

Lovely lovely job!

Milly said...

Love the fingerless and the layered look!